25 Quotes to Help You Push Through Your Triathlon Training
So you’re training for your triathlon. Some days are tough. We get that. That’s why we’ve put together—in no particular order—this list of motivational quotes to keep in mind during your triathlon training.
- A good goal should scare you a little and excite you a lot.
- Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
- Athletes eat and train, they don’t diet and exercise.
- The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.
- Your body drives you to the line, but your mind makes you cross it.
- When the going gets tough, the tough tri harder.
- It’s your race and yours alone. Others may run it with you, but no one can run it for you.
- Nothing is over until you stop trying.
- The tragedy of life doesn’t lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach.
- That triathlon isn’t going to train for itself.
- Winning doesn’t always mean getting first place; it means getting the best out of yourself.
- It takes a certain degree of obsession to get fit.
- You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
- Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
- Be strong, you never know who you are inspiring.
- There is no one giant step that does it. It’s a lot of little steps.
- Quitters don’t tri. Triathletes don’t quit.
- Once you make the decision that you will not fail, the heart and body will follow.
- Today I will do what others won’t, so tomorrow I can do what others can’t.
- Everything you need is already inside.
- Of course it’s hard. It’s supposed to be hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. Hard is what makes it great.
- I am building a fire, and every day I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I will light the match.
- Your mind will quit a thousand times before your body will. Feel the fear and do it anyway.
- Ambitious goals make for outstanding achievements.
- To truly enjoy the downhill, you must conquer the uphill.
Keep it up—you’re a beast.